Sat, 22 Jul|
Bushcraft and Woodland Lunch with Rob
This is an immersive afternoon-to-evening experience including a walking forage and introduction to fire skills in our private woodland, finished with a multi-dish feasting menu of wild and local ingredients prepared over the fire and enjoyed in our rustic barn over the flicker of candlelight.
Time & Location
22 Jul, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
Patty's Barn, Hillam Ln, Cockerham, Lancaster LA2 0DY, UK
About the Event
This is an immersive, hands on day of bushcraft and feasting, including a walking forage and introduction to fire skills in our private woodland, finished with a multi-dish feast that you have helped to gather and prepare bursting with wild and local ingredients prepared over the fire and enjoyed in the great outdoors on our woodland banquet table.
Come and join us in rural Lancashire for a day of exploration, practical bushcraft and slow woodland feasting amongst good company.
WHAT'S YOU'LL BE DOING
- A 1.5-hour to 2-hour guided foraging walk, where you'll be gathering ingredients and learning about plant identification and plant properties.
- A practical and hands-on introduction to fire skills with demonstrations on various fire-lighting techniques where you will learn how to use a flint and steal with demonstrations on the most effective way to build a fire.
- Game prep and butchery, the game meat will be dependent on availability at the time
- Cooking on the open fire
- A seasonal lunch to be shared with the group with a variety of dishes for you to pass, share and feast upon
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED?
- You will be served fresh seasonal herbal teas and botanical infusions throughout.
- A cocktail or mocktail to enjoy with your meal
- We do provide a vegetarian option on request, however, due to the nature of the open-air kitchen, all ingredients are prepared over the same fire. With this in mind, we do not yet cater for vegans or allergies.
- We will be spending most of the day outdoors, we will have a fire going and blankets to hand but please dress appropriately for the season and weather on the day to keep you warm.
- If you have a basket please bring this along otherwise we can lend you one for the forage, you may also find it useful to bring along a notebook
- Please wear suitable footwear and dress appropriately for the season.
- More questions. Please read our FAQs
All tickets are non-refundable. If you’re unable to make it the ticket can be transferred to a friend or family member.
Woodland Bushcraft & Feast dayPrice optionPriceQuantityTotal
Bushcraft & Feast