top of page
Fri, 11 Jun|
Getting into Gardening 101 | Growing Organically in Containers and Raised Beds
It's not too late to get your seeds in for the season. If you're new to gardening come and join us for a half day gardening 101 to get you started.
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
11 Jun 2021, 09:30 – 12 Jun 2021, 13:00
Cockerham, Hillam Ln, Cockerham, Lancaster LA2 0DY, UK
About the Event
Have you been getting into gardening this year and want some practical guidance on how to get your garden thriving.
This will be a practical and hands on workshop where we'll explore:
- Organic growing methods to make your soil healthy,
- Making home-made plant feed
- Cultivation of plants
- Improving biodiversity to help with pest control and propagation by seed sowing/taking cuttings.
- Pots, compost, seeds and plants to take cuttings from which will include edibles such as salads, veg, herbs and flowers that can be sown/grown in June.
- Tea and coffee refreshments
What you need to bring along
- Two recycled plastic or glass bottles or jar with lid, one to make into a mini bug hotel to attract insects, another to make plant feed.
- If you'd like to bring a soil sample from home we can test this for you on site.
- Your own gardening gloves
A minimum of 5 people are needed for this event to go ahead.
Organic Gardening 101