Sun, 19 Nov|
Rewild Yourself \\ Game Prep, Fire Skills & Seasonal Lunch
Come and rewild yourself for an immersive taster day of bushcraft paired with a delicious seasonal lunch.
Time & Location
19 Nov, 10:30 – 15:00 GMT
Patty's Barn, Hillam Ln, Cockerham, Lancaster LA2 0DY, UK
About the Event
Come and rewild yourself for an immersive taster day of game butchery, bushcraft and a delicious seasonal lunch prepared over the fire with resident chef, Rob Booth.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
- Game butchery & preparation | Equip yourself with the skills to prepare game meat. Rob will demonstrate how to prepare the meat and you will learn how to skin, pluck and joint the carcass. This will be the main ingredient for our lunch. We will also cover the ethics behind game and share information on where to source for yourself.
- The Art of Fire | An introduction to fire, fire building techniques, fire safety, and methods of starting a fire, including the use of a metal firing rod.
- Feasting | Having done the hard work of preparing the fire and game, we will share a delicious late lunch together, with drinks included.
We aim for you to walk away having had a really fun day, a delicious seasonal meal and some new skills under your belt and the confidence to apply them at home. This workshop is for anyone looking to have an experiential and fun day out.
- We will be outside for most of the day, please wrap up warm and wear suitable footwear and warm clothing.
- Guests must be 15 years and above to join this workshop
- You do not need any prior skills or knowledge of bushcraft to attend this event
All tickets are non-refundable. If you’re unable to make it the ticket can be transferred to a friend or family member.
Fire Skills /Game Prep & Lunch