Sat, 19 Aug|
Summertime Foray and Lunch
With the glorious green filling our hedgerows, woodlands and fields, summer is a great time to find forage and wild ingredients. Come and explore our summer foray and a delicious lunch
Time & Location
19 Aug, 10:30 – 14:30 BST
Patty's Barn, Hillam Ln, Cockerham, Lancaster LA2 0DY, UK
About the Event
With the glorious green filling our hedgerows, woodlands and fields, summer is a great time to find forage and wild ingredients. Come and explore our summer foray and a delicious lunch.
There is nothing more exciting than a day out foraging, not only are there so many delicious wild ingredients all around us that are free, abundant and packed full of nutrients, often more so than our supermarket greens but learning the names and properties of plants and trees will open up a whole new layer of appreciation to the natural world, deepening your connection and experience with nature.
Join us for a foraging walk in rural/coastal Lancashire paired with a delicious wild lunch.
WHAT'S YOU'LL BE DOING
- We'll be looking at plant identification and plant properties
- You'll be gathering ingredients on your forage that will be used as ingredients for your lunch
- You'll experience cooking the ingredients over the fire and learn some basic fire skills.
- If you have a basket please bring this along otherwise we can lend you one for the forage
- Please bring a water bottle
- Please wear suitable footwear and dress appropriately for the season.
- More questions. Please read our FAQs
All tickets are non-refundable. If you’re unable to make it the ticket can be transferred to a friend or family member.