Fri, 12 Feb|
Willow Animal Sculpture Workshop
Create a one of kind, animal sculpture for your house or garden; stags, hare, birds...
Time & Location
12 Feb 2021, 09:00 – 17:00
Patty's Barn, Hillam Ln, Cockerham, Lancaster LA2 0DY, UK
About the Event
Create a one of kind animal sculpture out of willow for your house or garden. This could be a stag, hare, bird or bring your own ideas for creation.
Julie - is your willow weaving expert will lead you through various techniques of how to create your sculpture.
She’ll also share more about the various varieties of willow, and how to harvest and prepare willow for weaving on your own before you’ll get stuck into making and creating.
- All equipment and materials needed to make sculpture
- A light lunch and hot drinks throughout
- An understanding of the use of willow weaving, with skills and techniques in crafting with willow
- Knowledge about the ecological credentials of willow and how to choose natural materials when out foraging for your own
This course is suitable for those with no previous experience, you’ll need a little bit of hand strength and a little bit of patience in your creations but it’s all worth it.
🦠😷 COVID-19 Disclaimer / Declaration for Students 🦠😷
- Please note there will be no more than 6 people in this workshop
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the workshop
- A COVID-19 risk assessment is in place for both the venue and workshop facilitation.
By confirming your places with a ticket you acknowledge that The Rewilding can not guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 and that there is an increased risk of being exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19, resulting from the actions, omissions or negligence of yourself and others.
You also acknowledge that you must comply to set out procedures by The Rewilding. If you are experiencing any symptoms of the illness such as cough, shortness or difficulty of breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat or new loss of taste/smell. Or, believe you have been exposed to someone with a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19, that you are following the recommended guideline as much as possible and if you encounter any of the symptoms you will not attend any classes and will follow the recommended guidance before attending a future class.
If you become infected by COVID-19 please inform The Rewilding, so that precautions can be put into place for students who attended the same session.
Animal Sculpture Workshop