Make a Large Traditional Round Willow Basket - 2 Day Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
This will be a much more in depth course than the one-day workshop and the opportunity to make a larger basket, or take your time making a smaller basket with a choice of colours, weaves and handles.
You could use your basket for logs, wool, as a shopper or for storage...
Julie - is your willow weaving expert will lead you through various techniques of how to create your sculpture.
She’ll also share more about the various varieties of willow, and how to harvest and prepare willow for weaving on your own before you’ll get stuck into making and creating.
- All equipment and materials needed to make sculpture
- A light lunch and teas and coffees on both days
- An understanding of the use of willow weaving, with skills and techniques in crafting with willow
- Knowledge about the ecological credentials of willow and how to choose natural materials when out foraging for your own
This course is suitable for those with no previous experience, you’ll need a little bit of hand strength and a little bit of patience in your creations but it’s all worth it.
If you are not local and would like accommodation options at Patty's Barn, 4 star self catering also on site, please get in touch directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 2 day basketry workshop£210£2100£0