Sun, 18 Aug|
The Rewilding at Patty's Barn
Summer Foraging Walk and Seasonal Lunch
🌱🌞 Are you ready to immerse yourself in the delights of SUMMER. 🌼 You'll be guided by the expertise of seasoned forager and hunter-gatherer chef, Rob. 🌿 Gain hands-on knowledge about identifying and safely foraging delicious wild ingredients in the Lancashire countryside.
Time & Location
18 Aug 2024, 10:30 – 14:30
The Rewilding at Patty's Barn , Patty's Barn, The Salt Marsh, Hillam Ln, Lancaster LA2 0DY, UK
About the Event
🌱🌞 Are you ready to immerse yourself in the delights of SUMMER. You'll be guided by the expertise of seasoned forager and hunter-gatherer chef, Rob.
🌿 Gain hands-on knowledge about identifying and safely foraging delicious wild ingredients that are free, abundant and packed full of nutrients, often more so than our supermarket greens.
These days are all about human and nature connection, and savouring the seasons, mostly our aim is for you to have a fun day out, and leave feeling connected, grounded and inspired about the beautiful world around you.
👣 WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE FORAY:
- Warm welcome with a seasonal wild brew and safety briefing
- Guided foraging walk, the path is mostly flat and includes woodland and coastal scenes. You should be comfortable walking up to 2 miles. We will be stopping at various points and the pace will always be steady, this will take approximately 2.5 hours.
- We'll be identifying lots of plant species and learning about the plant properties and medical benefits as well as getting the opportunity to taste along the way.
- Gather ingredients for your lunch and/or to take home
🔥 WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE FEAST:
- Recap of foraged finds in the rustic 'Out Barn' whilst we enjoy a well-deserved sit-down and try some wild tea tonics.
- Rob will begin preparing a delicious seasonal lunch over the fire
- Hands-on experience making traditional bread, for example, bannock, soda bread or flat bread that we'll eat during lunch.
- We’ll share a delicious 2-course lunch using fresh and seasonal ingredients, including the best of what we've gathered during the morning.
- We love to get you trying as many seasonal teas and tonics as we’ve foraged, we also have a wide selection of artisan tea and Atkinson's coffee as well as mushroom teas and organic cacao.
🌿 WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Please feel welcome to bring your own basket or foraging pouch, if you don’t have one we have plenty.
- Please bring a water bottle and you may want to carry a snack if you're prone to getting peckish.
- Please wear suitable footwear. We recommend walking boots or wellies.
- Dress appropriately for the season and pack extra layers e.g. waterproof woolly hat & gloves or sun hat & suncream, and always be prepared for rain.
- You may like to bring along a notebook, camera or binoculars
- More questions. Please read our FAQs
👉 OTHER INFO:
Please read our dietary policy linked here, it is very important that you communicate any dietary requirements at the point of booking and no later than 72 hours before the event.
📸 PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
We will at times take photos and videos during our events for our website and promotional material. If you do not wish to be included in this please let a member of staff know about this on your arrival.
Any children ( a person under the age of 16 years of age) on site must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
🚫 CANCELLATION POLICY
All tickets are non-refundable. If you’re unable to make it the ticket can be transferred to a friend or family member.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQs
- Ticket type
Spring Forage and LunchPrice£70.00